This Sunday, 9th May is Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day is a day to make an extra special effort to recognise and celebrate our mother’s or mother figures in our lives. I extend a very Happy Mother’s Day to all in our St Mary’s school community, including mums, step mums, grandmothers, great grandmothers and other special mother figures. I hope that you all have a magnificent day and enjoy spending time together as a family.
For those of you (dads and children) who are finding it difficult to come up with ways to celebrate your mum this Mother’s Day, below is a list of things that you can do to show mum just how much you love her.
- Let her sleep in - It’s what every mum craves. So, if you’re looking to make mum happy, letting her get some extra shut-eye might be a good place to start.
- Make her breakfast in bed – A hot coffee and mum’s favourite breakfast will get her day started on the right foot.
- Head out to a market – There’s nothing better than walking around the market and collecting fresh produce and discovering new and different things.
- Plant a garden - Spend some time on mum’s special day planting a garden with both leafy and root vegetables. She’ll love the time spent together.
- Go out for lunch – Treat mum by taking her out to her favourite café or restaurant.
- Go for a picnic – Take mum out for an outdoor adventure with a walk or bike ride followed by a delicious picnic.
- Run her a warm bath - Treat mum to a luxurious bath to help her relax and unwind.
- Have a special dinner – Cook mum her favourite dinner or order in her favourite takeaway and forget about all the preparation and cleaning up.
- Have a relaxing family movie night - After dinner, have everyone pile up on the couch with popcorn to watch mum’s favourite movie.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
TERM 2 2021
7th MothersDay Breakfast @8.00am
Grandparents & Special Person Liturgy @ 2.45pm
Naplan Year 3 & 5 students
|12th Naplan Year 3 & 5 students Reconciliation & First Holy Communion Parent and child meeting @ 5.00pm||13th Naplan Year 3 & 5 students||
14th National Walk Safely to School Day
School Assembly 2.45am
17th Yarram & District Cross Country 10.30am
Pie Drive Orders Due Back
|24th||25th||26th Year 4, 5 & 6 attending the YSC Production at The Reagent Theatre||27th||28th|
|31st May||1st Pies to be collected at school||2nd||
First Reconciliation 6.00 - 7.00pm
|7th||8th||9th||10th Healthy Harold Visit||11th School Closure Day|
|14th Queens Birthday Public Holiday||15th School Advisory Committee Meeting @ 5.15pm||16th||17th||18th|
25th Last Day Of Term 2
Sacrament dates to remember:
Wednesday 12th May - Reconciliation and First Holy Communion meeting for parents and children at 5.00pm
Sunday 30th May - Sacrament of Confirmation at 11.00am Mass
Thursday 3rd June - Sacrament of Reconciliation, 6.00pm at St Mary's Church
Sunday 6th June - Sacrament of First Holy Communion at 11.00am Mass
Australian Red Cross First Aid Training
Giffard West Hall
10th May 2021
9.30am - 4pm
Yarram Neighbourhood House
11th May 2021
9.30am - 4pm
Course is free for primary producers, farm workers and farm contractors. Please register for catering. Lunch & Morning tea is provided.
|Wednesday's 12th May - 16th June||Let's Talk about Parenting- Bairnsdale||Parent Building Solutions-Bairnsdale|
|Wed 26th May-23rd June||Lets Talk about Parenting-online||Parents Building Solutions-Online|
|Tuesday's in Term 2||Afterschool Family Connections||After School Family Connections - Churchill|
|Thu 10th June||Parenting Anxious Kids- online||Parenting Anxious Kids-online|
|Thu 17th June||Understanding Your Child's Behaviour- online||Understanding Your Child's Behaviour - Online|
|24th June||Self-Care for Parents -Online||Self-Care for parents - Online|
FRIDAY 11TH JUNE - SCHOOL CLOSURE DAY
MONDAY 14th JUNE- QUEENS BIRTHDAY HOLIDAY
FRIDAY 30TH JULY - SCHOOL CLOSURE DAY
FRIDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER - SCHOOL CLOSURE DAY
MONDAY 1ST NOVEMBER - SCHOOL CLOSURE DAY
TUESDAY 2ND NOVEMBER - MELBOURNE CUP PUBLIC HOLIDAY